No time to lose,
your industry is on the chopping block
This Friday State governments meet at COAG to decide the fate of the Federal government’s National Energy Guarantee (NEG).
SEIA members & solar installers believe everyone should oppose the NEG because:
- The NEG does nothing to believably reduce electricity costs for consumers.
- The NEG does nothing to reduce CO2 emissions from 2021 to 2030.
- The NEG props up coal fired power emissions for another decade.
- The NEG has a pathetic emissions reduction target that will not help Australia meet its Paris commitments at lowest cost.
- The NEG has no mechanism to easily increase the target at any time.
- The NEG takes a free ride on rooftop solar exports.
Why lock in a decade of flawed policy when we all know Australians deserve better?
More solar = lower prices
We encourage all solar industry members to URGENTLY make their views public about the NEG :
- Post on social media.
- Inform your customers
- Contact your local State & Federal MP.
- Contact your local newspaper or radio station.
- If you a member of an industry association, make your views known to them.
SEIA – standing up for solar installers.