Save the Date: Friday, 13 July 2018 at Rowers on Cooks River (Sydney)
“MATTERS THAT AFFECT YOU” –Hear the LATEST news since Smart Energy Conference
A day packed with compliance updates, new products, trendy topics and top presenters. The one day meeting, developed by installers for installers, has plenty of hands-on sessions. Installers’ question time has been incorporated to ensure value for money in what will no doubt be an engaging and productive day for SEIA members and non-members.
- Batteries and Storage – Super capacitors – Paul Wilson – ARVIO. Find out more details about the new market excitement, get your questions answered. The super capacitors have arrived for sale in Australia. Who makes the super capacitors and where, what level of stability and support can we expect from the manufacturer? What is the Voltage versus discharge curve for the batteries and the charge voltage settings for the inverter/charger?
- Commercial Case Study – Designing Battery Storage on multiple buildings – Geoff Stapleton – GSES. A complicated case of multiple buildings with export limits. How to meet peak loads and maximize self-consumption?
- Compliance – Battery training/endorsement update – Pat Southwell – Clean Energy Council. Battery training, where is it up to? SPS “off-grid” accreditation and additional training for batteries on grid. Non-electricians with “Design & Supervise” accreditation for SPS and more
- Metering changes and new compliances – Bruce Blacker – Office of Fair Trading. Changes to metering in NSW, compliance, processes. Installers obligations, status of the Fair Trading’s “Smart” Form and more
- Utilities and Solar Installers – David Salisbury and Michelle Murray – Essential Energy Understanding the network perspective. Network distribution energy storage, Electric Vehicles & demand side management and behind the meter solar PV & batteries.
- Installation – Central Protection Relays – Trushar Joshi – PM Control Australia. Central Protection Relays, not as easy as it sounds. Attend and hear the Case study – when is central protection relay required and how is it practically achieved. The technical aspects of implementation where multiple inverters at different locations are installed.
- PPE Batteries – Lithium Ferro Phosphate battery, (the safe Lithium) is an Australian designed and manufactured lithium battery that needs no dedicated comms from the BMS to a specifically matched inverter, which limits the choice of equipment and the ability to mix and match. Find out their advantages and how they work. Are comms required, are there suitable charging parameters?
- HD Wave Inverter – Alkyra Hutchison-Menzer – RFI Group. How does the HD Wave technology work? How efficient is their efficiency and will this technology move through the global inverter market?
- Electrical Vehicles and their charging requirements – David Hiley – WATTever. EVs are on the move and like solar a few years ago they are now unstoppable. Find out the details about electrical vehicles and their charging requirements, energy use, grid-connected battery cycling and more. Hear about Zappi, a solar-aware charging station and check out what you heard at David’s electric car.
- Digital Marketing – Rich Latimer – Rich Training. Get from the professional how to reduce your time spent with Tyre kickers and time wasters. There are more avenues than just word of mouth, static websites and print media. This session is designed for Tradies like you.
- Forum and SEIA NSW election. An opportunity for solar installers to inform SEIA and other installers of any trends, good or bad, opportunities or concerns