Code of Ethics
Members of the Solar Energy Industries Association Incorporated (SEIA) are bound by a code of conduct and a determination to represent solar technology and its use honestly, with integrity and the promotion of the industry as a whole as our guiding principal.
We are committed to protecting the rights of consumers and users of solar energy systems. We are dedicated to providing safe and effective products, accurate information, and helpful, reliable service.
As part of these commitments we will:
- Produce solar energy products and systems to meet the highest standards of quality and performance.
- Present honestly the capabilities, performance and energy savings potential of solar products.
- Present honestly and openly any government incentives or rebates for purchasers of solar power.
- Protect the health and safety of consumers in the design and provision of products and services.
- Offer and honour clear, understandable warranties that comply with all applicable regulations.
- Perform servicing and repairs in a professional manner.
- Be responsive to, and act upon, consumer suggestions and complaints.
- At all times act in the best interests of the solar industry, as a whole, in Australia.